Today we’re making some Lingonberry Brown Sugar Overnight Oats for us to enjoy for breakfast. Well, for Sara to enjoy, because Hannah hates oatmeal. haha. Overnight oats are so great if you love oatmeal but are frequently busy in the mornings. It’s also really great in the summer because you can eat it cold instead of having a hot breakfast. There’s a ton of different ways you can make this, but this is the base the base that Sara uses to make hers, and you can just add whatever fruit, berries, or jam from there. We’re using lingonberries, because we have a few jars from various food subscription boxes we’ve gotten. We’ve been seeing them pop up in stores more and more lately.
That’s how easy it is! If you love this recipe you can check out more breakfast recipes on our Pinterest Board!
- 1/3 to 1/2 a cup of oats
- (You can use 1 minute oats, or old fashioned oats. Whatever you have on hand can work.)
- A banana
- 1/2 Tbsp of cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp. Brown Sugar
- 1 Tbsp. of Lingonberry preserves (or jam)
- 1/3 a cup of milk (I used vanilla almond milk for extra flavor)
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
- Honey (optional)
- A mason jar (or a container of some sort with a lid)
- Start off by peeling the banana and breaking it up in the jar then mash the banana with a fork.
- Then put the oats in the jar and add the vanilla, milk, brown sugar, lingonberries, and cinnamon.
- Mix with the fork or put the lid on and shake the jar if you’re feeling ambitious. Now put the oats in the fridge overnight or for 7-8 hours.
- When you’re ready to eat the oats drizzle some honey on top for some extra sweetness, and flavor. Then enjoy!